I wish I would have seen this blog sooner. After checking our some of the actual websites that are created with WordPress, I was floored! Not only do these sites look pro, they obviously have the SEO benefits of a blog… something that Google and other major search engines look for (though this may be overstated, as many WordPress users are already aware of this).
Anywhoo, I totally plan no using this for my next musical venture.
Rock on \m/
Hey musicians! We just launched WordPress.com/music with two new features to help you rock the web: playlists and upcoming events.
We know that you need specific features to create a killer experience on your band’s site. You need a calendar so fans can keep track of your gigs, an easy way to embed your music, and lots of social media options to share the love. Oh, and all this on a tight budget? Check, 1-2-3.
WordPress.com has a symphony of tools you can use to keep fans in the loop and share music with them, the media, labels, and venues.
- Mobile-friendly, HTML5-based playlists (Extra Storage upgrade required)
- Upcoming Events widget and shortcode
- Social media cross-posting to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and more
- Embed music from SoundCloud or Bandcamp
- Videos embeds via YouTube, Vimeo, Viddler, and more
- Show off your photos with tiled galleries
- Plus, turn it up to 11 with WordPress.com upgrades…
View original post 43 more words